If you’ve never worked out on an indoor rower, you should give it a try. As we head into the winter months, there is no greater way to lose your motivation to workout than getting bored with exercise. Rowing is the perfect solution to doing the same-old same-old day in and day out. What’s more, the body benefits of rowing are like no other exercise.
- Rowing works the legs, butt, back, abs, shoulders and arms.
- Rowing increases your lung capacity (which means you’ll be able to go farther faster without feeling like you’ve done the extra work thanks to extra O2).
- Rowing is non-impact (which makes it easy on all your joints).
- Rowing burns calories like crazy.
- Rowing is a great way to crosstrain for running.
Stroke Rate? What? Stroke rate is found on the upper right-hand corner of the rower’s computer. You can’t miss it. Set the damper, which is what gives you resistance, right around a five.